The National Kidney Foundation Golf Classic is helping fund the NKF's initiatives in awareness, prevention and treatment as we lead the fight against kidney disease. With the increase in diabetes and high blood pressure - the two major risk factors - chronic kidney disease is rising as well. The NKF is working to reach the 1 in 3 American adults at risk with important prevention messages before it's too late. Your participation in our events has never been more critical.
* 26 Million American adults have kidney disease - and most don't know it.
* 1 in 3 American adults are at risk for developing kidney disease.
* High blood pressure and diabetes are the two leading causes of kidney disease.
* Over 661,000 Americans have kidney failure and require dialysis or a transplant to survive.
* Over 100,000 Americans are on the waiting list for a kidney transplant.
* Fewer than 17,000 Americans receive a kidney transplant each year.
* Early Detection and treatment can slow the progression of kidney disease
The NKF relies on individual and corporate donations, foundation and government grants, memberships and special events to supports its range of programs, services and initiatives.